Exhibits & Education among Category Highlights
HIGH POINT, NC – April 4, 2023 – International Market Centers (IMC) presents unparalleled opportunities for attendees to explore the latest trendsetting lighting products at the April 22-26, 2023 High Point Market with nearly 175 category-specific resources complemented by related tours and panel discussions.
“Lighting is a key element of great design, so the opportunity for designers to fully engage in-person with the latest in trends and technology is a major draw for High Point Market,” said Karen Olson, IMC executive vice president, chief marketing officer. “IMC is taking the engagement opportunities further with tours and educational sessions that give designers context as they source this important category.”
Interactive Lighting Education
Lighting’s unique intersection of style and technology is the focus of three programs presented by DesignOnHPMKT by IMC, the official voice for IMC’s High Point Market programming and at-market activities, as well as by IMC exhibitor Varaluz.
DesignOnHPMKT by IMC presents a two-part lighting tour with Chris Goddard, founder of Goddard Design Group in Springdale, Ark. and star of HGTV's “Design Star: Next Gen.” The one-hour tours cover best practices for choosing and installing fixtures that stand the test of time, tips for hanging pendants off islands, information about LED color and temperature and more as buyers explore IMC’s lighting exhibitors. “Lighting Highlights Tour with Chris Goddard - Part 1” covers Suites at Market Square (SAMS), Market Square and the Commerce & Design Building on Sunday, April 23 at 10:30 a.m. “Lighting Highlights Tour with Chris Goddard - Part 2” covers the International Home Furnishings Center (IHFC) on Monday, April 24 at 12:30 p.m. Registrations are required at IMCHighPointMarket.com/webinars-and-events.
“Going Bold in Interior Design” features interior designer Tamara Day, a Magnolia Network personality and designer of a new mirror line for lighting brand Varaluz, in conversation with founder and lead designer Ron Henderson on Saturday, April 22 at 3:00 p.m. in the Varaluz showroom, Market Square, MS 205.
A full list of DesignOnHPMKT by IMC sessions is at IMCHighPointMarket.com/webinars-and-events.
Illuminating Trendsetting Product
IMC has rapidly expanded its fixed-wire lighting resources in High Point with nearly 175 lighting resources set to showcase the latest in lighting design and technology. At High Point Market, the fixed-wire lighting resources are interspersed with thousands of other complementary home décor lines to maximize cross-category buying. Highlights include:
- Accord Lighting will feature its Horizon collection of lighting pendants manufactured with elements intrinsic to the local landscape. Shaped with two rings in multilaminate wood, the lights house LED strips that create lighting softened by a milky acrylic. Market Square
- Crystorama will unveil a range of new collections and line extensions that span a variety of applications and styles. Highlights from the 2023 collections will include indoor, outdoor and bath lighting fixtures with clean open designs, natural materials, pleated shades, large domes and mid-century modern styling. IHFC
- Currey & Co. will introduce nearly 100 new fixed-wire pieces, including chandeliers, pendants, flush and semi-flush fixtures, and wall sconces. New fixed-wire pieces will include Phebe large and medium chandeliers, the Senjyo tilted orb chandelier by Hiroshi Koshitaka, and Dandelion chandelier and pendants. IHFC
- Finesse Décor plans to showcase many table and floor lamps that now function seamlessly through a wall dimmer powered by the Alexa app. Market Square
- Hinkley Lighting will showcase the Agave line of pendants featuring hand-sculpted leafy layers inspired by the agave plant. The company also will display its Porter line of statement lanterns, with designs featuring a fusion of modern farmhouse and industrial arts and crafts. Market Square
- Hubbardton Forge will showcase its new Riza collection of pendants, which feature a stunning display of structural elements handmade by Vermont artisans. Also on display will be the Gatsby Collection of customizable pendants that reflect a striking blend of art deco and contemporary design. A new piece, the Floret, premiering at High Point, is the company’s first collaboration with Lexington Glassworks, the Asheville, NC-based studio which exclusively created the glass for the fixture. IHFC
- Hudson Valley Lighting will provide demonstrations of many of its newest collections of pendants and wall sconces, including Clivedon, Osterley, Highgrove, Somerset, Chasleton, Rousham and Chiswick. Market Square
- Varaluz will showcase more than 100 new lighting fixtures, accessories, portable lighting, wall art and décor pieces. New products include the Varaluz Casa home décor line of Varaluz lighting, as well as bold new lighting collections that draw from familiar styles of the past reimagined in an aesthetic that founder Ron Henderson refers to as “mod familiar.” As part of the company’s new Smithsonian Illuminated collection, Varaluz also will introduce two new aeronautically inspired heritage modern lines of chandeliers and pendants. Market Square
IMC’s High Point properties include: 300 E. Green St.; 300 S. Main St.; Commerce & Design Building; Furniture Plaza; Historic Market Square; International Home Furnishings Center (IHFC); Klaussner on Hamilton; Market Square Textile Tower; National Furniture Mart; Plaza Suites; Showplace; The Suites at Market Square (SAMS); and five on Hamilton Street – 121, 200, 320 and 330 N. Hamilton St., and 129 S. Hamilton St. It presents the only temporary exhibits at High Point Market in InterHall, Plaza Suites and The Suites at Market Square (SAMS).
High Point Market is the largest furnishings industry trade show in the world, with more than 2,000 manufacturers in 11.5 million square feet of showroom and exhibit space in multiple buildings in downtown High Point, North Carolina. Each Market attracts tens of thousands of retail home furnishings buyers, interior designers, architects, and others in the home furnishings industry. International Market Centers (IMC) owns 17 prime High Point Market showroom buildings, which contain 70 percent of the exhibitors, including the majority of the top 500 manufacturers. DesignOnHPMKT by IMC is the official voice for IMC’s High Point Market programming and at-market activities representing a wealth of industry knowledge and connections. Spring 2023 Market is scheduled for April 22-26, 2023. Registration is open now at HighPointMarket.org. For more information about events and exhibits presented by IMC, visit IMCHighPointMarket.com.
About International Market Centers: International Market Centers (IMC) serves as the center of commerce for the wholesale furniture, gift, home decor and apparel industries. IMC has more than 60 years of relationships and experience creating scalable business platforms for wholesale commerce. Our premium showroom spaces spanning more than 20 million square feet in High Point, N.C., Las Vegas and Atlanta, paired with our digital tools connect the wholesale industries we serve. IMCenters.com.
Cathy Steel, 203.340.9251 or firstname.lastname@example.org